Recruitment at CHIRP
/ Contact Us
/ Recruitment at CHIRP
Deputy Director (Engineering) - Part Time
Keen to use your engineering experience to improve aviation safety?
We are looking for a licensed aircraft engineer for the role of Deputy Director (Engineering). The post holder will be responsible for processing confidential safety reports received from engineers and for promoting CHIRP to ground handling and security staff. The role also included managing the CHIRP MEMS Programme for sharing safety investigation data across industry.
Practical civil aircraft engineering experience, good communication and IT skills are essential, management experience is desirable.
The Desired Profile
- A licenced aircraft maintenance engineer with an established reputation as an engineering manager with a strong safety ethos.
- Experience in the application of best practice in safety management in an engineering organisation.
- Good knowledge of the organisation and regulation of aircraft maintenance.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Good written English.
- Competent in Microsoft Office and preparation/delivery of presentations.
The post holder will be employed as a contractor working up to 16 hours per week plus expenses. Much of the work can be carried out remotely. Only occasional visits to our Fleet office are required plus 4 meetings each year in London or Farnborough. The vacancy is open to any suitable person but would ideally suit someone who wishes to work part-time with great flexibility.
To apply, please send your CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to The Chief Executive, The CHIRP Charitable Trust, Centaur House, Ancells Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 2UJ.
For further details, please phone 01252 378 947.
The closing date for applications is 9th September 2017.