Below are some guidelines as to what may be reported to CHIRP.
What Do I Report?
Safety-related incidents or events involving:
Incidents/events can include:
- Other people
- Your organisation or organisations you deal with
- Individual performance
- Regulatory aspects
- Unsafe practices or design
What Don't I Report?
- Incidents or events with no safety content
- Issues involving conflicts of personalities
- Industrial relations and/or terms and conditions of employment problems
When Do I Report?
- When you are concerned and wish to protect your identity (please note that anonymous reports are not accepted)
- When you wish others to benefit from an important "Lesson Learned"
- When other reporting procedures are not appropriate or are not available
- When you have exhausted company/regulatory reporting procedures without the issue having been addressed